Learn what the terms Self-Management & Self-Organisation mean, what they look like in practice and how to start the journey or deepen your practice.
What is self-management, how is it different from self-organisation and self-organising systems? Is it better to adopt a packaged self-organising system or make up our own version? What needs to be considered in the shift and how do I know how to start the journey in my organisation?
Are these questions familiar? Introduction to Conscious Collaboration & Self-Organisation is an online course which will help you answer those questions and more.
Start the Journey or Deepen your Practice
There's a lot of hype, misunderstanding, experimentation, mistakes and bad practice in the search for new ways of working. People try new things without adequate understanding or preparation; often defaulting back to old habits because the experiments don't work, so they get disillusioned and give up.
In this course you will be introduced to key concepts and distinctions in this new world of work. You'll see how these apply in practice in organisations with examples. And if you are considering starting the journey to self-organisation, then you'll be introduced to options for how to get going and find which approach would work best for your situation.
This course will help you...
- define the key terms self-management, self-organisation, self-organising systems and why they are different and not just jargon
- understand distinctions between 3 types of power structures in organisations: concentrated/shared/distributed
- see what the differences between these power structures mean in six key areas in organisations: creating culture, discovering direction, working with power, finding fit, getting things done and learning & lasting
- access templates for a wide range of collaborative tools and processes (group agreements, conflict resolution, collaborative meeting agendas, deciding purpose & many more) which support conscious collaboration
- learn about the Conscious Collaboration model as a way to create your own custom ways of self-organising
- hear stories of real examples of self-management and self-organisation in practice
- discover different approaches to building the foundations of self-organisation
- use a diagnostic to find out which options are most likely to work best for your organisation to start the journey to self-organisation
- 7 short videos (approx 1hr 15 mins in total)
- a downloadable handbook about the Conscious Collaboration model
- access to 3 interactive Prezi presentations, 2 of which are narrated
- a diagnostic tool to help you identify which power structure could best fit your organisation
- in total over 5 hours of content, organised into 4 modules with bite-sized units for easy access and progress
With over 25 years experience self-organising in private, public and non-profit sectors; employed, freelance, as an entrepreneur and volunteer; with organisations including Shell, Learning and Skills Improvement Service and the Princes Trust; in the UK, Europe, North and South America Nick is now distilling his learning about collaboration, self-organisation, self-management and self-organising systems into this suite of online courses.
He was the first Certified Holacracy Coach in the UK, is the only European-based partner at HolacracyOne, is a partner with Evolution at Work, has an MSc in Management Development & Social Responsibility and co-led the development of the Self-Organising System for the Extinction Rebellion UK.
If you aren’t fully satisfied with the course then get in touch within 30 days for a full refund.
Try out free previews of units in red below!
Pay What You Want
Due to the disruption caused by COVID 19 this course is offered for a limited time as part of the gift economy and you are free to Pay What You Want.
Enter the % that you want to pay as a Coupon Code on Checkout in multiples of 10. You can enter anywhere between 10% and 90%. If you have any difficulties with applying it you can contact us.
|Module 1||Introduction to Self-Organisation|
|Unit 1||Introductory Video - Preview|
|Unit 2||1-Page Overview|
|Unit 3||Key Understandings of Self-Management, Self-Organisation & Self-Organising Systems|
|Module 2||3 Patterns in Organisations: Hierarchy, Collaborative & Agile|
|Unit 1||Creating Culture video - Preview|
|Unit 2||Working with Power video|
|Unit 3||Finding Fit video|
|Unit 4||Getting Things Done Together video|
|Unit 5||Discovering Direction video|
|Unit 6||Learning & Lasting video|
|Module 3||Introduction to Conscious Collaboration|
|Unit 1||Introduction to Conscious Collaboration Workbook & Diagnostic - Preview|
|Unit 2||Interactive Conscious Collaboration map|
|Module 4||Self-Management in the New World of Work|
|Unit 1||Interactive Tour|